SigmaTel sound in DFBSD?

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Thu Jul 13 20:23:13 PDT 2006

Alexander Ames Chimento wrote:
Hi! I'm new to DragonFlyBSD, but not to BSD in general. I was wondering
if there was a way to get the SigmaTel sound chip working in DFBSD? I
think it's also called ICH6 and hda-intel by ALSA. I have pcm and
pnpbios enabled in the kernel, but nothing seems to be detected in the
dmesg output.
We don't have a driver yet.  There is an effort in FreeBSD to support it (with which we share the sound architecture).  NetBSD already has working support for it.  I am at least equally interested in getting it to output sound as I have a HDA nForce chipset as well.

cheers
 simon
signature.asc