Vinum troubles

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Sep 5 10:32:53 PDT 2005

:More fun. Vinum fails to find the two extra SATA disks, the ones that
:are on the 3ware controller, on a reboot:

    I won't be able to test this myself for a week or so, when I get
    some of the parts for the new boxes, but one thing strikes me
    as strange and that is your disklabel is not skipping the label
    area of the disk:

:  a: 586067202        0     vinum                       # (Cyl.    0 - 36480*)
:  c: 586067202        0    unused        0     0        # (Cyl.    0 - 36480*)

    I do not know whether vinum skips the first few sectors of the partitions
    passed to it.  Try offsetting the vinum partition by 16 and making the
    size 16 less.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>