UFS filesystem size limit

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Fri Sep 2 19:46:01 PDT 2005

A lot of cleanup has gone into the FreeBSD I/O path to make it clean for
large storage volumes, especially UFS2.

Truely cleaning up the DragonFly I/O path, starting from system call level
to the device level is more about ripping apart silly assumptions that
haunt the code since 4.4BSD days.

Once it has been appropriately cleaned up, it should be no problem at all
to bring in UFS2, minus features like snapshots which can be better
chieved with some form of VFS journalling that Matt is working on at the
moment.

				Hiten Pandya
				hmp at xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Matthew Dillon wrote:
    FreeBSD's UFS2 can do larger filesystems now, but you would have
    to inquire on the FreeBSD lists as to the stability.