UFS filesystem size limit

Devon H. O'Dell devon.odell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 11:29:47 PDT 2005

>     FreeBSD's UFS2 can do larger filesystems now, but you would have
>     to inquire on the FreeBSD lists as to the stability.

We've deployed many multi-terabyte (ranging from 1.2TB to 4TB)
filesystems using FreeBSD 5.4 since I've been here (beginning of June)
with no complaints as to the stability of the filesystems and drives
that I've been aware of (and I'm usually the person that gets bugged
about these sorts of problems :)). I realize this isn't a large amount
of time; also keep in mind though that we've been shipping similar
configurations since before I was actually located here.

>                                         -Matt
>                                         Matthew Dillon
>                                         <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

--Devon