No version tags on Preview?

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Sun Sep 4 14:31:27 PDT 2005

Dave Hayes wrote:
I only find the "DragonFly_Preview" tag. Checking the obvious
/usr/src/sys/conf I find a subvers-DEVELOPMENT_1_3 file that lists
some versions: I know the difference between 4 and 5 is major.
I don't understand what you try to say here.

So a couple of issues for the assembled that I have would be:

1) How do I get 1.3.4 source? This would be the source code to what is
on the Preview CD I was invited to try by the Wiki. I am presuming
what I just cvsupped from the DragonFly_Preview tag would be 1.3.5.
1.3.4 is just some point in time and doesn't have an accompanying cvs
tag.  What you get depends on which checkout date you choose.  Usually
that's the current time.  I don't really understand what you are asking.

2) The handbook is completely out of sync. I am presuming (from the
cvs website) there is no RELENG_1_0_RELEASE tag at all, but the
handbook says it is the only tag available.
RELENG_* is FreeBSD.  I guess the handbook is outdated on that.  We had
DragonFly_1_0A_REL, but that's long ago and shouldn't be written down
anywhere.  The current release is DragonFly_RELEASE_1_2_Slip

If someone properly summarizes the state of affairs of the tags,
I'll take 5 minutes and put it in the documentation (again presuming
you are using some form of docbook).
I think they are summed up in the wiki.  If not somebody will do so
shortly.  Putting it into docbook is a very good idea!

cheers
  simon
Work - Mac      +++  space for low $$$ NOW!1  +++      Campaign     \ /