Unexpected device names

Jason jason at smethers.net
Thu Oct 20 10:36:03 PDT 2005

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
What kind of disk controller do you have?  I've seen the DFLTFPHYS message
before with some older models of SCSI controller, though I've never seen
the disks named in hex.
This is on a 3ware 9500s-12 using the twa driver on 1.3.7-PREVIEW. If
you grep the source, you will find that very few of the disk controllers
set dev_t->si_iosize_max, so you will almost always get these warnings
from these controllers in kern/kern_physio.c::physio.

Back to my original point, the minor is printed in hex if the device
does not have its name set, as can be seen in
kern/kern_conf.c::devtoname. Is this similar the si_iosize_max problem?
Are some drivers simply incomplete, and not setting the device name as
they should?

- Jason