how do people play with different versions of DBSD on the same system?

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Tue Oct 11 15:19:49 PDT 2005

walt wrote:

Bill Hacker wrote:

Bob Bagwill wrote:

How are people playing with different versions of DBSD on the same
system?
[...]

- partition and slice your media into many (preferably equal sized)
portions...

I like to point out at every opportunity that DragonFlyBSD is the
*only* BSD which can load the kernel from an extended DOS partition,\
. . you might add '... using only it's own resources.' to make that a
true statement.

I usually have OS/2's Boot Manager on at least one drive in the system,
and Partition Magic used to also ship with it.

Doesn't matter which drive BM resides on, as it can 'register' all the
others, and in turn, can daisy-chain so as to boot another boot-manager,
(*BSD's, ntloader, or Lilo, for example)...

. ..  and, since the controller can be told to boot from any SCSI ID in
order to find BM...

Most of the modern MB BIOS will do much the same for select the boot IDE
device.

Regards,

Bill