Version numbering for release DECISION!

Raphael Marmier raphael at marmier.net
Mon Mar 28 08:16:21 PST 2005

    -WORKING	Will indicate a build baesd on our current stable tag
As an often confused user, I find this label confusing. It is vague and
 subjective.
DEVEL, as other have suggested, would be a much better fit, IMHO.

    -STABLE	Will indicate a build based on a post-release branch.

Why not state it? PRODUCTION

This way, it is crystal clear for the user/administrator, and it helps
simplify his work.

naming should be clear for the user/administrator first, and if possible
to the developers. The latter will spend energy to get informed once,
for the former, its a management hassle.

less important, following the same rule, CURRENT could become UNTESTED.

for once, there is the occasion to make it perfectly fit. Lets not miss it.

best regards and congratulations for the awesome work already done.

Raphael