porting SSOD (Single sign on daemon to sync passwords with windows) to dragonfly bsd

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 9 05:26:29 PST 2005

Hi all,

I've downloaded from the Microsoft SFU3.5 (services for unix).
Besides alot of other tools there is that SSOD which syncs the password
between unix and windows, out of the box support is for RedHat, AIX,
HP-UX and Solaris.
The sync can be with or without NIS and you can sync them to
2000/2003/XP in or without Active Directory.

They included the source to port it to other platforms, I gave that a
spin but being unexpirienced with C/C++ and Makefiles quickly resulted
in a broken build.

Then I tried the RedHat binaries under Linux emulation but that resulted
in an error "Unkown password format".

So I returned fiddeling with the source, figuring out that using gmake
works a bit better but I still run into problems because I don't
understand how the C syntax works.

Is there anybody who would spare me a little of their time so I can ask
how I should do this thing?

Thanks.

Martin