Dragonfly and Hyperthreading....

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 21 13:58:38 PST 2005

EM1897 at xxxxxxx wrote:
<cut>
what today's CPUS deliver anyway. I've never seen any compelling evidence
that AMD-based machines are faster in practice.  Right now I'm testing a
3.4/800Ghz P4 system with 1K cache and PCIExpress and its slower than
a 3.06/533 Xeon with 512K cache and PCI-X. The faster CPU is faster in raw
<cut>
Have you googled already for tyan K8WE? Dual Opteron 200 series, dual
PCI-express ready for SLI and yes both with full 16 lanes when in SLI
opposed to shared 16 lanes as other current bords have.
The bord will go out for about 600EUR (all features), not even that
expensive (still way above my budget).

--
mph