recommend kvm switch

Freddie Cash fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca
Fri Dec 2 16:48:48 PST 2005

> The nice thing about IOGear KVM's is that they come with cables and
> are at a decent price. The one I have at home cost me about 150 bucks
> but that was about 2-3 years ago. They cost much less these days,
> though.

> Seems like alot of people here have had good luck with Belkin.
> Personally, I will never buy a belkin product again. I have had an 8
> port KVM and a 4 port KVM crap out on me. I've had problems with other
> Belkin products as well.

Guess it all depends on the product / use.  :)

We (the school district) have 20 4-port Belkin OmniView KVMs in
various schools, as well as 4 8-port KVMs daisy-chained in the server
room.  All came with cables (early ones were nice, all three cables in
one sheath, later ones were just extension cables twist-tied
together).  And only 1 died due to overheating under a desk.  :)

--
Freddie Cash, CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73             (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]