Compatability with FreeBSD Ports

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Mon Aug 15 12:06:37 PDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 02:25:04PM -0000, Andreas Hauser wrote:

> From time to time one will "svk sync" to import the FreeBSD changes.
> The conflicts will not be to many because our changes will mostly
> be in files/. That way we keep a well maintained big ports tree that
> we can commit to as much as we want.

It doesn't solve the problem that we inheriantly depend on the UNAME
hack for ports to work. Yes, a lot breaks without it, but having it in
place also prevents *proper* support in third party packages.

> If really pkgsrc is your way, then present it as better alternative
> instead of just pushing it with policy like officially boycotting
> dfports (which is what asmodai and joerg announced afair).

STOP INSULTING ME. I said before that I don't have time to waste and
that is what fixing after ports is. For pkgsrc I can be at least
somewhat sure that the same issue won't hunt me again and again.

Joerg