Compatability with FreeBSD Ports

James Frazer jfrazer at ieee.org
Mon Aug 15 10:04:07 PDT 2005

Portupgrade in my experience often results in my system getting
hosed, half the dependencies for a package updated, and the other
half left as they were before.  Leaving me with a lot of manual
fixing to do.

Anyway, it is my understanding that whatever is used will be
(at some point in the foreseeable future) extended so that
multiple versions of the same thing can co-exist in such a way
that the need for overly complicated upgrade mechanisms will no
longer be necessary.

James