cvs commit: src/lib Makefile src/lib/libpthread Makefile README dummy.c

Aggelos Economopoulos aoiko at cc.ece.ntua.gr
Sat May 5 05:23:37 PDT 2007

On Saturday 05 May 2007 09:52, Matthew Dillon wrote:
[...]
>     What I would like is it to print the PID and TID as %6d:%-6d instead,
>     and only print the PID (i.e. just %6d) if the TID is 0.

Why? Is it so that a kdump for a single-threaded process will not show
redundant data?

If so, I'd prefer a command line flag to toggle display of the lwpid on and
off (or at least to force display of the lwpid). What you're suggesting would
unnecessarily complicate parsing of kdump output.

>     Yah, yah, I know.. its simple stuff.

I wish more people would comment on stuff like that (instead of bikesheding).
About 90% of the source is "simple", but attention to detail makes the
difference between a system that occasionally gets in your way and one that
doesn't.

Aggelos