vkernel rc.d start/stop script

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jun 14 09:45:24 PDT 2007

:FYI, next up on ye-olde agenda for me is a vkernel -p pidfile option
:(right now am kludging via $!). This should be quick, but won't have a
:chance until after the shutdown script cleanup , so probably won't
:happen until sat. evening at the earliest.
:
:Also, for discussion sake, should the vkernel actually be
:installed somewhere outside of the build tree? I know manual copying is
:an option, but this is messy IMHO

    We already use /var/vkernel for the memory and disk image files
    (/var/vkernel is typically going to be a softlink to somewhere else).

    So I suggest:  /var/vkernel/sbin/vkernel as a default location for
    the installation.

					<dillon at backplane.com>