openssh4.0 upgrade

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Mar 20 10:59:45 PST 2005

:
:-On [20050320 03:52], Matthew Dillon (dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
:>    There is nothing in the code trace you provided that could possibly
:>    cause an FPU bounds check fault, and the only changes made to the
:>    code were some __FUNCTION__ -> __func__ changes.  I'll need a lot
:>    more information, like the actual trap frame reported in the panic
:>    and the actual backtrace, plus what the system was doing at the time of
:>    the panic, the repeatability of the panic, and a kernel core if possible.
:
:During booting of the kernel, always repeatable, the trace was the only
:thing I could get since the dumping is impossible this early in the boot
:sequence.
:
:Kernel of 1st of March does not exhibit this problem.
:
:I'll try to narrow it down, but unfortunately my time is *very* limited
:lately.  Right now it seems to be something in the ppbus probing/detection
:code that causes this.
:
:--
:Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai / kita no mono

    To try to narrow things down, just in case the new ACPI code is doing
    something it should not, please try booting without ACPI.

    If you can narrow it down further it would reduce the amount of code I
    have to wade through to try to track it down.  Unfortunately, FP traps
    tend to be delayed which makes tracking down the actual source difficult
    to say the least.