Cleanup Base: fetch

Jeandre du Toit jeandre.dutoit at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 13:18:46 PST 2005

Thanks for all the help!

I have started looking at applying the patches and need to know a few
things. From what I can see it makes the most sense to upgrade to the
latest version of the RELENG_4 branch, is this correct? Another thing
that has been puzzling me is

* $FreeBSD: src/lib/libfetch/fetch.h,v 1.10.2.8 2002/07/26 11:10:54 des Exp $
* $FreeBSD: /usr/local/www/cvsroot/FreeBSD/src/lib/libfetch/fetch.c,v
1.11 2000/05/07 20:02:52 des Exp $

Why is the version number higher but the date futher into the past?
When I commit a patch from FreeBSD should I include the above version
number change? When do you know to commit patches from FreeBSD, do you
just systematically check their site for updates?

Sorry for about all the questions. I am sure once all things I don't
understand has been explained I can start sending more patches,
faster.

Thanks again
Jeandre du Toit