sudo in the base system

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 13 12:34:40 PST 2005

Alexander 'alxl' Lobachov wrote:
+++ Robert Nagy [13/02/05 18:55 +0100]:

Hi. I'd like to see sudo in the base system, because it is the right
place for it. The diff adds sudo to usr.bin with the same features
and options that in the FreeBSD port, so there should be no functional changes.
<snip>

Robert

I don't think it's good idea, who really neads sudo can use a port or even a
package, it's just a minute or to to install it.
Quite difficult this one, I do prefer a clean base but I also like the
idea of sudo in the base.
Me thinks that when a application has basic functionality and doesn't
require intensive code maintenance and isn't to bloated either it would
be suitable for the base.

my0.02$

--
mph