ANSI-fy of ranlib, ruptime and rdist [patches]

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Jul 23 10:04:32 PDT 2004

:On 23.07.2004, at 09:29, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
:> Also I used int main(int argc, char *argv[]) instead of int main(int
:> argc, char **argv), since the former is, in my opinion, more easily
:> read as being an array of pointers to char.
:
:heh, then you disagree with matt about that, and with style(9).
:
:just a note :)
:
:cheers
:   simon

    I'd tend to rather have people stick with char **argv instead of
    char *argv[], the issue being that the passing of array types
    as arguments is a rare occurance these days generally due to the
    confusion it creates due to both the right hand notation of the
    array, and the fact that the C just converts it back to a pointer
    when used as an argument to a function.