patch to mount(8) to support optional filesystem mounts

Chris Pressey cpressey at catseye.mine.nu
Sun Jan 25 21:05:23 PST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:06:19 -0800 (PST)
Matthew Dillon <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [regarding optionally mounting devices at boot]
>
>     noauto,ruleset1
>     noauto,ruleset2
>     noauto,ruleset3
>     etc.

OK, I agree in principle, I just need some time to evaluate a couple of
plausible scenarios.

> [regarding my RCNG questions]
>
>     Maybe.  Dunno.  I wouldn't worryabout it too much.

OK!  May I worry about it for you?  :)

I know it's not critical stuff like asynch syscalls, but I feel I should
be contributing *something* more to DragonFly than just academic design
skirmishes on the kernel list... and shell scripts I can definately
handle, and this'll be a good way to get a deeper appreciation of RCNG
(which can only help re the optional mount enhancement.)

-Chris