Throughput problems with NFS

David Rhodus drhodus at catpa.com
Sun Oct 12 10:12:18 PDT 2003

On Sunday, October 12, 2003, at 12:49 PM, Matthew Dillon wrote:
    NFS_FABLKSIZE appears to just be the abstracted block size for
    reporting the number of blocks in a file and for aligning other
    size requests.  I don't think the small value hurts.
An example from my understanding is that we do a ton of fsync's on
a 3MB file because of NFS_FABLKSIZE being such a low number.
As for an actual performance speed up, I haven't seen one from my
testing while bumping up this number. I also appear to be hitting
some other network contention points that are limiting my throughput
to around 50MB/s on GigE.
-DR