Throughput problems with NFS

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Oct 12 09:50:18 PDT 2003

:	On that note, I would like to bump up NFS_FABLKSIZE to a value
:	of 4096, from the current value of 512 bytes.  The latter is
:	totally unacceptable given todays network environments ...
:
:	I propose this value, as to keep in sorta sync with Linux's
:	default file block size.  I would like to know if Solaris
:	uses anything bigger than 4096.
:
:	I shall commit the change, unless there is any difference
:	of opinion.
:
:	Regards,
:
:--
:Hiten Pandya
:hmp at xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    NFS_FABLKSIZE appears to just be the abstracted block size for
    reporting the number of blocks in a file and for aligning other
    size requests.  I don't think the small value hurts.