Matthew Dillon dillon at
Sat Aug 30 14:47:58 PDT 2003

:On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 06:04:47 -0500, Robert Garrett wrote:
:> If you will go to the trouble to produce a set of patches to do this, I
:> will take the trouble to test and commit it, of course this is provided
:> matt aproves..
:	Rob, I am not being picky about this, but my suggestion is
:	that we wait till the FreeBSD-STABLE ACPI is a bit more ironed
:	out. There have been reports of odd panics due to the import of

    Consider the mess that -stable is in right now with the PAE patches
    still apparently crashing systems.

    ACPI is too critical for us to track -stable with until it has 
    stabilized in -stable (or -current).  I am not at all reassured
    by the current state of affairs in -stable.

    So I would say we should wait at least a few months, though I am not
    against trying to identify why the original poster's particular system
    doesn't boot and trying to fix that one thing.


More information about the Submit mailing list