Source Control system results and discussion

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Tue Oct 28 08:24:36 PDT 2008

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    I propose second that we use Git as the master repository and Mercurial
    as the slave, but allow committers to commit to either and auto-merge
    in both directions.
Is it really neccessary to support both git and mercurial? Even if I
voted for git, I'd be just fine with using mercurial (except that I'd
probably miss gitk). It's in any case a gross improvement over the
current situation. Maybe those who voted for mercurial think the same
way. Of course if it's easy to setup this cross-commit facility, then
just do it, otherwise I don't see a huge benefit in it.

Regards,

  Michael