Source Control system results and discussion

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Tue Oct 28 01:49:33 PDT 2008

Nuno Antunes wrote:
I'm with Hasso and Matthias here. Let's pick just one and go with it.
It seems to me that committers are can-do people and prefer not to create
an administration madness.

I propose the following:
- set up a git master repo
- time permitting, create hg slaves, etc.  (i.e. one-way)
- go with this setup for some months
- reevaluate.  maybe it shows that hg people are uneasy, maybe they are
happy with the situation.

Git repo setup
==============
There is an experimental git repo at

http://repo.or.cz/w/dragonfly.git

I urge everybody to have a look at this repo, specifically the conversion
and tell me about inconsistencies, bugs, nitpicks.  I am already aware of
the fact that some commits don't have a real name - this will be fixed.

I suggest to use this conversion run as the base and fixing it where
neccessary.  Specifically, I'd like to collapse all initial commits into
one single commit which sports all version numbers in one commit message.
 Later then we could even optionally provide the FreeBSD-4 history down
to the Net/2 release.

Depending on the feedback volume, we might want to use a new thread.

cheers
  simon