HAMMER update 26-Apr-2008

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Apr 29 21:35:03 PDT 2008

:>
:> 	(tar cf - /usr/pkgsrc a few times to stabilize the NFS server)
:>
:> 	/usr/bin/time -l cpdup /usr/pkgsrc/. /home/pkgsrc
:> 	208.94 real         4.35 user        32.25 sys
:>
:> 	/usr/bin/time -l cpdup /usr/pkgsrc/. /mnt/pkgsrc
:> 	183.00 real         4.73 user        47.46 sys
:
:silly question: which one is which?

    HAMMER is on /mnt.

    I've almost finished the crash recovery code.  I'll probably have it
    working 100% by tomorrow evening.  I'm trying to figure out the best
    way to synchronize the link count with directory entry additions and
    removals.

    It's fun to test, I kill -9 my vkernel in the middle of it doing
    something, like a buildworld, and then reboot it, rm -rf everything,
    and look to see what bits and pieces are still left in the filesystem.

					<dillon at backplane.com>