URGENT: [diagnostic] cache_lock: blocked on 0xda5265a8 ""

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Sep 10 08:21:49 PDT 2007

:FWIW I'm getting the messages on 1.8. :)
:
: [diagnostic] cache_lock: blocked on 0xc2368fb8 "libc.so.6"
: [diagnostic] cache_lock: unblocked libc.so.6
: [diagnostic] cache_lock: blocked on 0xc2368e78 "ld-elf.so.2"
: [diagnostic] cache_lock: unblocked ld-elf.so.2
:
:A bunch of these occurred right after an NFS server of mine rebooted.
:They stopped after 10 minutes and my 1.8 system is not panicing
:thankfully.
:------
:Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

    Those are ok as long as they unblock (which they did).  If a NFS server
    reboots it can trigger these kinds of messages.  Short term blockages
    occur all the time in the namecache, the kernel only complains about it
    if a blockage lasts more then a few seconds.