DragonFly and Thinpad X61s

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Mon Dec 10 14:40:53 PST 2007

Hasso Tepper wrote:
this call appears in the dmesg, but not "blah". It's also important that
EXACTLY in the same place where machine hangs without AC, with AC I
ALWAYS get the message:
"intr 10 at 40001/40000 hz, livelock limit engaged!"

IRQ 10 is the interrupt of the SATA controller. Also it might be
important that also machine seems to be hanged completely, rare messages
might appear after hang:
What do you have SMP / APIC_IO set to in your config?

I seem to recall having interrupt storms similar to above trying to
get SMP cooking on my  (turion X2) laptop - quite a few devices were
mapped to irq 10 and I had to play with SMP, APIC_IO, and the
CPU_AMD64X2_INTR_SPAM option to get things sorted out (in my case on,
off, on)..I understand this is an Intel box, but as has been discussed
previously, interrupt routing needs a bit of 'help' so maybe this is
another instance of the same kind of problem..

Another thing might be to remove some of the drivers getting mapped to
IRQ 10 to see if that helps..

just some ideas I suppose..