slip preview tag?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Oct 18 13:24:37 PDT 2006

:On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 12:47:42PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     No, the purpose is to be able to run a DragonFly kernel as a userland
:>     process, so I can mock-up clusters to test the SYSLINK protocol.  The
:>     SYSLINK protocol is the layer that will interface between machines in
:>     a cluster and that same layer will also be used to interact with
:>     remote filesystems (VFSs) and devices, and other things.
:
:That's kind of what I ment but I stated it poorly not knowing what your current
:work is. I was going to ask you a couple of technical questions about messaging
:and things like directory cache coherency off of the mailing list. Mainly
:regarding how you're going to do in a fast way ? It's not a shared memory kind
:of concurrency system and I'm wondering how you where going to deal with that ?
:
:bill

    A full blown cache coherency model will be used, the beginnings of
    which can be found in /usr/src/sys/kern/kern_ccms.c.  The header
    file /usr/src/sys/sys/ccms.h has a fairly good description of how
    state is recorded.  The SYSLINK infrastructure, which will be
    used to communicate state changes, doesn't exist yet.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>