slip preview tag?

Bill Huey (hui) billh at gnuppy.monkey.org
Wed Oct 18 13:06:50 PDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 12:47:42PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     No, the purpose is to be able to run a DragonFly kernel as a userland
>     process, so I can mock-up clusters to test the SYSLINK protocol.  The
>     SYSLINK protocol is the layer that will interface between machines in
>     a cluster and that same layer will also be used to interact with
>     remote filesystems (VFSs) and devices, and other things.

That's kind of what I ment but I stated it poorly not knowing what your current
work is. I was going to ask you a couple of technical questions about messaging
and things like directory cache coherency off of the mailing list. Mainly
regarding how you're going to do in a fast way ? It's not a shared memory kind
of concurrency system and I'm wondering how you where going to deal with that ?

>     You can't email me directly from a PacBell DSL line.  Your reverse
>     DNS is returning 'adsl-blah-blah-blah-blah.dsl.blah.pacbell.net'.
>     If it is a static IP I can add an exception, though.  I need to
>     redo my spam filter at some point.  I'll probably have to go to
>     a full verification scheme.

It's static. Sorry about the inconvenience.

bill