slip preview tag?

Bill Huey (hui) billh at gnuppy.monkey.org
Wed Oct 18 12:41:16 PDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 09:02:24AM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     Progressing, but slowly.  The plan is pretty solid but the code is
>     complex enough that the only way to reduce the development cycle is
>     to take a side track and implement process virtualization technology
>     to support running a kernel in userspace.  I'm not going to try to
>     make it efficient, but I definitely intend to make it useful.

I've been getting private mail bounces from you for a while, but this is
the first time I've mentioned it. If you can somehow fix that it would be
great.

I'm assuming the creation of a virtualized kernel is to send messages back
and forth in the VFS layer, correct ? This is the first I've heard of it.
A number of folks I've talked to have wondered what been happening to this
project which is why I'm asking.

bill