NATA update

Victor Balada Diaz victor at bsdes.net
Sat Dec 16 08:15:55 PST 2006

On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 01:51:29AM +0900, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 09:13:17PM +0000, Thomas E. Spanjaard wrote:
> > YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
> > >The backtrace looks something like this:
> > >  Debugger(c02a1a77)
> > >  scgetc(c030e8a0,2,c017ba0b,0,c0306b40)
> > >  sckbdevent(c0306b40,0,c030e8a0)
> > >  atkbd_intr(c0306b40,0,cd682d84,c015d699,c0306b40)
> > >  atkbd_isa_intr(c0306b40,0)
> > >  ithread_handler(1,0,0,0,0)
> > >  lwkt_exit()
> > >so I have no idea which kernel thread to show you.
> > >I'll try to get the dmesg and the kernel dump tomorrow as I don't have
> > >access to the machine in question right now(and I need to get some sleep
> > >:).
> >
> > I fear this panic is unrelated, as Victor Balada Diaz is having the same
> > on his 1.6 system. His /sbin/init is stuck in nanosleep, and apparently
> > never jumped to.
>
> No, that backtrace was not from a panic, that was when I press
> ctrl+alt+esc after seeing "start_init: trying /sbin/init" message
> and it stuck (ctrl+T didn't print anything).  And `call dumpsys'
> in DDB didn't start the dump, so I think /sbin/init wasn't even read
> from the disk.
> Then I tried setting `set hw.ata.ata_dma=0' in the boot driver, and
> this time it made it to the login prompt
> (updated: http://les.ath.cx/DragonFly/asrock-dmesg.boot)

Maybe they're not related. In my case even with
hw.ata.ata_dma=0 hangs. Could you do "show all procs" from ddb
and check if you have two inits? check also if one of them
is on nanslp state.

On my case if i delete /sbin/init the system notices, so it's
reading init.

--
La prueba más fehaciente de que existe vida inteligente en otros
planetas, es que no han intentado contactar con nosotros.