PATCH preadv/pwritev

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Apr 25 23:15:53 PDT 2006

:I had a need for the iovec versions of pread and pwrite and have a patch
:for people to try. The changes are loosely based on the work done in
:FreeBSD current and have been tested against an enhanced version of
:Iozone. This testing has been on 1.4.x, but there doesn't appear to be a
:big difference between HEAD and the 1.4 slip tag, so I would expect the
:patch to work for HEAD as well.
:
:After applying the patch you will also need to
:
:cd src/sys/kern
:make sysent
:
:to update all the auto-magic system call gunk.
:
:---chuck

    Ok, I'm testing it now.  There are a few extra bits in the patch,
    such as the added checks for uap->nbytes.  Those look reasonable
    but I think I'm going to remove the zero-length read test.  I think
    that might change the side effects of read()'s on socket (especially
    UDP sockets).  Everything else looks ok.

    Once I finish kernel and buildworld/libc testing I'll commit it.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>