Plans for 1.5

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Sun Dec 18 08:07:25 PST 2005

Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
Very exciting stuff indeed, as I read through the documentation and
watched the demos on http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/zfs/ I
become curious how you are going to implement the NFSv4 like ACL scheme?
Also I am a bit confused in how deeply you planned to use ZFS.
Is this like only root in UFS and the rest in ZFS? How about swap?

The NFSv4 like ACL scheme shouldn't be a problem to support, though we do
need to fix up our ACL code compared to what FreeBSD 5.2+ has.  On that
note, we also need to port NFSv4 some day.
Regards,

Hiten Pandya
hmp at dragonflybsd.org