New debug kernel installation mechanism committed to HEAD
simokawa at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 22 09:21:01 PDT 2004
Have you ever used dconschat(8) with FireWire(4)?
It's a nice replacement of serial console and it has some advantage
over serial console.
- Fast (400Mbps, theoretically)
- Support both console and gdb port with only one cable.
(serial console usually need two cables.)
- You can manage several target machines with only one 1394 host controller.
(you need to buy multiport or many USB-serial adaptors for serial console.)
- You can peek target memory with /dev/fwmem like /dev/mem of localhost.
- dcons(4) in loader(8) is now available for FreeBSD.
gdb(4) has some example to use them.
It's very convenient to use /etc/eui64 to specifying a target.
/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/ simokawa at xxxxxxxxxxx
At Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:09:02 -0700 (PDT),
Matthew Dillon wrote:
> :You can do it with asf(8) easier.
> :/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
> :\/ simokawa at xxxxxxxxxxx
> Wow. A program I never knew existed.
> Matthew Dillon
> <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
More information about the Kernel