XFree86 4.4?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Mar 19 08:30:30 PST 2004

:I guess if someone ports it, people would start playing with it...
:I think Eric Anholt is keeping an eye on the project from FreeBSD's
:side.
:
:It's certainly worth keeping an eye on.  I'll try compiling it if I
:get some free time.  Keith Packard is a guy who made pioneering
:contributions (render extension, xrandr, etc) that did a lot to
:"modernise" the X window system, but his ideas tended to clash with
:the "core team"'s view of things; he was eventually forced out and his
:commit bit removed, and he took that opportunity to start his own
:project which would take the X server in new and unexplored
:directions.  The parallels are striking...
:
:Rahul

    Ah, you mean I finally have a Drinking Buddy ?  :-)

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>