dhclient broken today

Rahul Siddharthan rsidd at online.fr
Sun Mar 14 22:43:13 PST 2004

Matthew Dillon said on Mar 14, 2004 at 22:04:42:
> :With today's kernel, dhclient hangs indefinitely for me -- doesn't
> :configure the interface, doesn't return (I waited a minute or so), no
> :error in syslogs.
> :
> :A kernel from March 12 sources works.
> :
> :Rahul
>
>     Is that just the kernel or a new world too?  dhclient (old world, new
>     kernel) appears to work for me.  I'll do a full buildworld/installworld
>     right now.

Old world, but I also tried doing "make" in the dhclient subdir and
running that binary, same result.

>     So some extra debugging might be in order here... if you ^C it and
>     get yourself to a root prompt, can you either (a) run dhclient manually
>     and it works

Tried that before sending the mail, it didn't work

> or (b) ifconfig the interface manually and THAT works.

I don't think I can do that here (cable modem, no static IP
addresses), but I can try carrying my laptop to work tomorrow... will
also try static config of my current DHCP settings after a reboot, but
don't know whether that will work

Rahul