dhclient broken today

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Mar 14 22:05:01 PST 2004

:With today's kernel, dhclient hangs indefinitely for me -- doesn't
:configure the interface, doesn't return (I waited a minute or so), no
:error in syslogs.
:
:A kernel from March 12 sources works.
:
:Rahul

    Is that just the kernel or a new world too?  dhclient (old world, new
    kernel) appears to work for me.  I'll do a full buildworld/installworld
    right now.

    So some extra debugging might be in order here... if you ^C it and
    get yourself to a root prompt, can you either (a) run dhclient manually
    and it works or (b) ifconfig the interface manually and THAT works.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>