1.0A + emulators

Jon Noack noackjr at alumni.rice.edu
Sun Jul 18 11:43:24 PDT 2004

On 07/17/04 15:18, Byron Schlemmer wrote:
Well, I'm installing DragonFlyBSD 1.0A on VirtualPC 6.1 on a 12" G4
Powerbook right now. Seems to be going along without fail. FreeBSD 5.2.1
seemed to hang on probing for devices. So this is a step up :-)
I'm not sure about VirtualPC 6.1 for Mac, but FreeBSD 5.2.1 often needed
you to disable ACPI before it would work.  I believe updated ACPI
support (which DragonFly uses as well) resolves this issue.

There was also an APIC issue with VMware at some point, but I'm not sure
on the status of that; it required you to disable APIC in the VMware config.

Jon