Source tarballs?

Peter Kadau peter.kadau at tuebingen.mpg.de
Sat Feb 21 02:49:48 PST 2004

Hi !

Managing is not the problem. But I really don't like downloading sources
with the ISO. Additionally, I was under the impression that cvsup didn't
really use the sources for the initial sync... but I could be wrong there.
I wasn't talking about the plain sources but a gzipped tarball of the
entire repository. If you're going to track development and provide
cvs diffs it's the way to go anyway. If you would download the stuff via
cvsup - why not have it on the iso for the sake of convenience ?
The initial sync is much faster this way.
So I would provide the mini-live-iso as is.
Second a repo.tgz.
And third a devel-iso which is just the normal one with the
additional repo.tgz onboard.
So why not having this repo.tgz somewhere ? It needn't be up-to-date
all the time, just close enough.
Cheers
Peter
--
<peter.kadau at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Campus der Max-Planck-Institute Tübingen