Spam Filter engaged on crater

Peter Kadau pk at tuebingen.mpg.de
Wed Feb 18 00:33:38 PST 2004

Hi !

    * With an invalid envelope sender.  The spam filter does a realtime
      connect back to the SMTP server associated with the envelope sender
      and attempts to RCPT to it.  If this fails the mail will be rejected.
I guess you are using milter-sender ?
We did that at our site and it was mostly annoying, though the
spam that came through was significantly reduced.
It is astounding how many sites out there have a broken
DNS/Mail setup. You'll end up editing /etc/mail/access
many many times.
And even worse you could end up in spamcop.net - we did.
We use the DNSBLs sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org and list.dsbl.org right now
and that combination is rock-solid and almost as efficient.
Just $0.02 from me.

Cheers
Peter
--
<peter.kadau at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Campus der Max-Planck-Institute Tübingen