Heads up: NEWCARD is coming

Dylan Reinhold dylan at ocnetworking.com
Sun Feb 8 16:34:11 PST 2004

Dylan Reinhold wrote:
Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

Hi all,
the NEWCARD patch at
    ftp://82.144.62.50/newcard-4.diff.bz2
will be commited on Tuesday, if no problems regarding the old pre-CARDBUS
support jump in. This patch should not stop anything from working, but
further work is needed to get most drivers up to date and to the state
FreeBSD-current is at. If you have a PCCARD controllers and cards,
please give it try.
Joerg

I patched my laptop, Now my pc-cards won't work.
When I try and start pccardd I get 'fatal error: no PC-CARD slots'.
Dylan

Sorry for the lack of information.... I was in another world and hit send..
The card that is no longer working is a 3Com Megahertz 10/100 Model
3CCFE57487, working fine as an ep? before. When it is now inserted into
the slot it is probbed as a wi? card and fails with a 28.
I did just find my Symbol Spectrum24 wireless card that was not working
before, it now works fine as a wi?....

Anything you want me to try???

Dylan