VFS Help

William M. Grim wgrim at siue.edu
Mon Apr 12 19:42:59 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Ha, finding documentation on VFS is about as easy as finding a fresh
    ice cream bar in a hay stack on a hot day!
    ACL technologies are primarily in FreeBSD-5.x.  I'm not against them,
    per-say, but I feel that the best bang for the buck will come more
    from something like OpenBSD's syscall filter.  What I would like to
    do is augment the existing jail code to make it more ubiquitous and
    far more powerful.  I don't think we'll have time to fit any of these
    ideas into the first release, we still have a lot of infrastucture work
    that needs to be done first, but it is in the cards.
					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
This is no problem.  I'll just start up with DFBSD and see what I can
learn by speaking with the news group.  I also need to get a
debug-enabled kernel built for myself.

Thanks again,
Mike