snapshots are broken

Mark Valentine mark at valentine.me.uk
Sat Nov 1 11:47:41 PST 2003

> From: Matthew Dillon <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sat 1 Nov, 2003
> Subject: Re: snapshots are broken

>     No, I meant cross build environments *ON* a DFly system to produce other
>     systems.
>
>     I am not contemplating the huge effort it would take to cross build
>     DragonFly on a non-BSD system.  It is Conceivably possible to do, but
>     probably not worth the effort when ISO's and snapshots can be made
>     readily available.

Indeed such a build system is a large effort (it was worth it for the NetBSD
folks because the requirement to self-host everything was too painful).

However, I mention it because that's what would make it (vaguely) more feasible
to generate a custom Dragonfly kernel in a heterogenous environment.

If I need to build a serial console network install floppy image for a NetBSD
target on a Solaris host or whatever, I can!  Except that their release process
creates one for me to grab, so I don't need to...  ;-)

Sorry to belabour the point.

		Cheers,

		Mark.

--
"Tigers will do ANYTHING for a tuna fish sandwich."
"We're kind of stupid that way."   *munch* *munch*