Matt's schedule for this week

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Nov 11 23:18:28 PST 2003

:>
:> I believe the actual plan was just to bring in GCC 3.x alongside GCC
:> 2.mumble, which will remain the default compiler for another while yet.
:
:No, there isn't any reason to keep the older version of gcc around once
:all the miniscule issues are cleaned up and everything is made to
:compile
:cleanly under gcc 3.x. Most if not all of these are trivial issues
:we'll be able
:to clean up in a few days.
:
:-DR

    Ha.  Famous last words.  Believe me when I say that we don't want to
    fold in gcc 3.x that quickly.  It will be a progression... first the
    kernel builds, then world builds, then the default.  Alternatively it
    could be thought of as three simple VARSYM variables, one for kernel
    building, one for world building, and one for the system default.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>