possibility of re-using POSIX specs for manual pages

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Sat Jan 31 12:18:36 PST 2004

Mark Valentine wrote:
From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai at xxxxxx>
Date: Sat 31 Jan, 2004
Subject: Re: possibility of re-using POSIX specs for manual pages

-On [20040131 00:52], Mark Valentine (mark at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

However, being able to just use portions of the text verbatim (with
the appropriate notice), e.g. when aligning something with the standard,
does save re-inventing the wheel and risking imperfect paraphrasing...
Does the notice have to be place in the AUTHORS section?  And how big is
it?

Whoever follows up with the IEEE (Hiten seemed to be on the ball) will
presumably find out the precise requirements; all I can say is that they
didn't look too burdensome judging by what the Linux folks have released.
	Guys, hold your horses for now. :-)  I am gonna get in contact
	with Jacques Vidrine (nectar@) of Camp FreeBSD and coordinate
	this stuff with him.
	Regards,

		-- Hiten