possibility of re-using POSIX specs for manual pages

Mark Valentine mark at valentine.me.uk
Sat Jan 31 06:23:13 PST 2004

> From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai at xxxxxx>
> Date: Sat 31 Jan, 2004
> Subject: Re: possibility of re-using POSIX specs for manual pages

> -On [20040131 00:52], Mark Valentine (mark at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> >However, being able to just use portions of the text verbatim (with
> >the appropriate notice), e.g. when aligning something with the standard,
> >does save re-inventing the wheel and risking imperfect paraphrasing...
>
> Does the notice have to be place in the AUTHORS section?  And how big is
> it?

Whoever follows up with the IEEE (Hiten seemed to be on the ball) will
presumably find out the precise requirements; all I can say is that they
didn't look too burdensome judging by what the Linux folks have released.

		Cheers,

		Mark.

--
"Tigers will do ANYTHING for a tuna fish sandwich."
"We're kind of stupid that way."   *munch* *munch*