OT: third party relay attack

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Fri Jan 10 09:50:52 PST 2020

There isn't a whole lot that can be done short of white-listing only
allowed originators and recipients.  Most anti-spam services filter out
critical non-spam emails along with the spam.

What I do for my personal domain is actually forward all my mail, spam and
all, to my gmail account and let Google's spam filters deal with it (to the
tune of hundreds of spams a day).   And for DragonFlyBSD's domain... we've
mostly not using it for email beyond the mailing list server and the
mailing list server is essentially white-listed based on the subscriptions.

-Matt