Small form factor with two NICs and/or wireless

Pierre Abbat phma at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Fri Jan 19 14:37:42 PST 2018

My laptop caracal just conked out and I've ordered a new one from System 76.
(This is the same laptop that I brought to Berkeley years ago to see if Matt
Dillon could load DragonFly on it. He couldn't, so it's been running Ubuntu
ever since.) My other boxen leopard (Ubuntu, May 2012) and zyxomma (DFly,
April 2013) are slower than caracal. Both are small-form-factor boxes from
Aleutia. System 76 sells a NUC with Core i7 (same as caracal, and same as the
new laptop), but NUCs appear to have only one Ethernet port, and one reason I
got the model I did for zyxomma (which they no longer make) is that it has two
Ethernet ports and thus can act as a gateway. Only five devices (one of which
is the phone) can get IPv4 addresses. I'm thinking of setting up some more
computers in the other room, so I'll need a gateway. Do you know of some
small-form-factor computers with two Ethernet ports, wireless which I can set
up as an access point, and comparably fast multicore processors which work
well on both Linux and DragonFly?

Pierre
--
La sal en el mar es más que en la sangre.
Le sel dans la mer est plus que dans le sang.