DragonflyBSD 4.8 on Mac Mini 2010 - fails to install

karu.pruun karu.pruun at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 01:16:07 PDT 2017

Hello

I may have ran into similar issue with a mac laptop from 2009. By way
of testing, can you check if dragonfly 3.6.2 boots without acpi --- at
boot, get to prompt and give

> lunset acpi_load
> set hint.acpi.0.disabled=1
> boot -v

If it boots, then the behavior is similar. There are possibly two
problems that need to be resolved so that 4.8 can boot on mac. The
first one has a patch, the second one needs more debugging.

Cheers

Peeter